bcolfdqf

Manchester United eye January swoop for £36m La Liga hotshot

By on December 30, 2019

first_imgManchester United are considering a January swoop for Valencia full-back Jose Luis Gaya.Louis van Gaal is on the hunt for reinforcements at left-back after Luke Shaw broke his leg against PSV.The England international is expected to be out for over six months and United are keen to strengthen their defence.That, according to fichajes.net, has led to United weighing up a move for Gaya during the January transfer window.The 20-year-old has been tipped for a big future and has previously been scouted by the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid.However, United are hoping to pip everyone to the Spaniard’s signature and can secure him if they pay his £36m release-clause. 1 Jose Luis Gaya last_img read more

Continue Reading

grzfjmlj

Home Affairs, South Africa readies for voter registration

By on December 18, 2019

first_img29 February 2016Voter registration running this weekend of 5 and 6 March is a chance for South Africans to confirm with the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) that they are listed on the voters’ role for the 2016 local election in the wards where they live.Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba, chairing the Governance and Administration Cluster briefing in Cape Town on 25 February, urged all eligible South Africans to register over the weekend. It was also an opportunity to make sure their identification documents were valid and up to date.Remember you need a valid SA ID (green ID book/smart ID/temp ID) to register & vote. https://t.co/CyVxTDhdxU pic.twitter.com/UTPEemAQTd— IEC South Africa (@IECSouthAfrica) February 5, 2016He reiterated that South Africans must have these documents to register and to vote. Citizens who do not have ID documents should apply now at their nearest Home Affairs office; those who have already applied for ID documents should them pick up from Home Affairs as soon as possible so they can register this weekend.Gigaba also highlighted the differences between local government and national elections, saying that “unlike national elections, the local government elections require that you register in the ward in which you reside”. Young and first-time voters should ensure their details and documentation were all up to date with Home Affairs in order to register to vote and, more importantly, he urged them to vote. The date of the election must still be confirmed by the government.“It is by voting that citizens select the public representatives that best serve their interests,” said the minister.This election will be South Africa’s fourth democratic local government election. Again, it is a chance to select local leaders from the various parties competing in the poll, who voters think can best serve their communities.Gigaba drew attention to the importance of local elections in the South African democratic process, saying that “local government is a critical sphere of government responsible for delivering services which are basic human rights and are essential components of the right to dignity enshrined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights”.The Department of Home Affairs, as the official registrar of the people of South Africa, plays a fundamental role in supporting the electoral processes by making sure the logistics of ID document issue is done in a timely and correct manner.“Home Affairs will be actively involved in ensuring the success of the voter registration weekend on 5 and 6 March 2016, as declared by the IEC,” Gigaba said.Collecting outstanding IDsAccording to Home Affairs, there are more than 200 000 uncollected IDs at its offices around the country.Gigaba said the department would temporarily suspend its policy of destroying uncollected IDs and smart ID cards after a certain period during the voter registration and local government election season, insuring that all applicants got a chance to pick up their outstanding IDs.“Our policy states that documents that are uncollected for a period of six months should be returned to head office, where they are kept for a further six months. Should the documents not be collected after 12 months, they are destroyed,” he said. This process would be held off until the end of the election week.All Home Affairs offices will be open from 8am to 5pm on 5 and 6 March to help those who do not have IDs to apply for them. “Officials are ready to deliver services to those who require IDs and temporary identification certificates,” the minister added.Temporary identification certificates will be made available at these offices during the registration weekend, and together with the green bar-coded IDs and smart ID cards, the temporary certificates will be accepted as legal forms of identity for voter registration and voting.eChannel payment systemHis department had upgraded its Live Capture System over the weekend of 26 and 28 February to introduce the eChannel EFT payment function at all of its 142 offices and selected banks, Gigaba added.Requirements for #smartIDCard. Cost is R140 pic.twitter.com/nu5mMMumJ9— Home Affairs (@HomeAffairsSA) December 23, 2015This is in line with the department’s pilot project, launched in 2015, with First National Bank, Standard Bank and Nedbank that enables South Africans to apply for identity documents at branches of these banks.A memorandum of understanding has been signed with Absa, making the project available at all four of South Africa’s big four banks. Each bank partner has three eChannel sites – 12 sites in total – that will be piloting the project.Register to vote 5-6 March. To find your voting station call 0800118000 or dial *120*432# or https://t.co/7KdzxQ3Upp pic.twitter.com/ts8ZUDq4br— IEC South Africa (@IECSouthAfrica) February 25, 2016Source: South African Government News Agencylast_img read more

Continue Reading

emixmyrj

ReadWriteWeb Events Guide, Feb. 5 2011

By on December 16, 2019

first_imgA Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting ReadWrite Sponsors We’re always on the lookout for upcoming Web tech events from around world. Know of something taking place that should appear here? Want to get your event included in the calendar? Let us know in the comments below or email us.center_img Tags:#Events Guide#web Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Marketlast_img read more

Continue Reading

hdgviosa

Manmohan Singh files Rajya Sabha nomination from Rajasthan

By on December 1, 2019

first_imgVeteran Congress leader and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday filed his nomination as the Congress candidate for the by-election to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. He filed four sets of papers in the chamber of Returning Officer and Assembly Secretary Pramil Kumar Mathur in Jaipur.Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, his deputy Sachin Pilot, AICC general secretary Avinash Pande and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Shanti Dhariwal accompanied Dr. Singh. Dr. Singh was received in the morning by Mr. Gehlot and senior Congress leaders at the Sanganer airport.The by-election follows the death of State BJP president Madan Lal Saini on June 24 last. He was elected last year.The ruling Congress is confident of Dr. Singh’s victory, as it has the majority in the 200-member Assembly, while two seats are at present vacant. The Congress, which has 100 MLAs, enjoys the outside support of all the six BSP MLAs and 12 independents, and its alliance partner Rashtriya Lok Dal has one seat. Dr. Singh’s candidature was supported by the BSP and independent members as well.Dr. Singh, 86, was a Rajya Sabha member from Assam for five consecutive terms between 1991 and 2019. His tenure in the House ended on June 14 last.Dr. Singh told reporters on the Assembly premises after submitting his papers that he was grateful to the Congress Parliamentary Party for nominating him to the seat. “I will do my very best to do whatever is possible to promote the cause of the people of Rajasthan,” he said, while expressing condolence for the late Saini.The BJP, which has 72 seats in the Assembly, is unlikely to field a candidate in the bypoll. Leader of Opposition in the House Gulab Chand Kataria said the party’s high command would take a decision.The desert State has 10 Rajya Sabha seats. The remaining nine seats are with the BJP.As per the schedule announced by the Election Commission of India for filling up the vacancy, the notification for by-election was issued on August 7 and the last date for filing of nominations is August 14. The polling, if required, will be held on August 26 and the results declared the same day.last_img read more

Continue Reading

rbwoojym

Ajay Devgn’s fan gets Singham tattoo engrossed on his chest

By on November 28, 2019

first_imgSome fans go overboard with their love for Bollywood stars and Nikhil Kateja is one of them. The 23-year-old from Jaipur got himself inked with the same tattoo that actor Ajay Devgn sported in his latest blockbuster Singham.In the upcoming episode of UTV Stars’ Live My Life, Kateja will be seen living the life of his idol, Ajay, for a day. As the actor was busy shooting for “Bol Bachchan” when Kateja got the chance to meet him, the young boy was taken to meet Hakim Aalim, Ajay’s friend and a popular tattoo artist.Kateja, who has a family business, insisted on getting a tattoo – a king size Singham tattoo, on his chest, and Aalim obliged, according to a source. He was so excited about his newly-acquired tattoo that he unbuttoned his shirt to show it off to Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, who was with Ajay on the sets of Bol Bachchan. The episode will be aired Sunday.last_img read more

Continue Reading

redevgml

9 months agoReal Madrid midfielder Modric signs with Mendes as Juventus circle

By on October 28, 2019

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid midfielder Modric signs with Mendes as Juventus circleby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has joined super agent Jorge Mendes’ stable.Juventus are being linked with the veteran.Mediaset says the Ballon d’Or winner was linked with a move to Inter Milan after last year’s World Cup after six years at the Bernabeu.Mendes has been drafted in by the 33-year-old to facilitate a potential switch to Italy.Inter are desperate to take Modric to the San Siro but they could struggle to convince him to move to Milan if Juve are a viable option.The Milan outfit have offered the ex-Tottenham man a lucrative four-year deal worth nine million-a-year. last_img read more

Continue Reading

emixmyrj

a month agoMan Utd hero Scholes: Sell Pogba – he’s not a big loss!

By on

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd hero Scholes: Sell Pogba – he’s not a big loss!by Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the lovePaul Scholes says Manchester United will not miss Paul Pogba. The World Cup winner wants to leave the club from Real Madrid.Red Devils legend Scholes thinks the club could deal with losing the talented midfielder.”I think it’s quite clear he wants to move on,” said Scholes, a 13-time Premier League winner.”He wanted to go to Real Madrid, for whatever reason it didn’t happen.”I wouldn’t be surprised if the same offer had been made like with Cristiano when he was at United.”If they’ve asked him to stay for a year we’ll see what happens, but I don’t think he’ll be a big loss to United.”I don’t think his form has been great anyway, over the two or three years he’s been there. I’m sure there are more players who can do just as good a job.” last_img read more

Continue Reading

pyfkzesm

Ronaldo I deserve a sixth Ballon dOr

By on September 18, 2019

first_imgCristiano Ronaldo has his eyes firmly set on a third straight Ballon d’Or award this year for a record sixth timeThe Juventus forward is one of 30 players shortlisted for this year’s award along with the likes of fellow five-time winner Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann.However, unlike in previous years, neither Ronaldo or Messi are quite as heavily fancied for the Ballon d’Or as they have come accustomed to over the past decade.Instead, it’s Real Madrid and Croatia playmaker Luka Modric who is considered the favourite after winning the FIFA and UEFA Player of the Year prizes.But, on the back of scoring 44 goals in all competitions for Real last season and inspiring them to a third straight Champions League crown, Ronaldo believes he deserves the Ballon d’Or.Although the Portuguese is not desperate either given that he is already one of the greatest players in history.Jose Mourinho, Lionel MessiMourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“I’ve said it plenty of times, winning a sixth Ballon d’Or is not an obsession and I wouldn’t phrase the question like that,” Ronaldo told France Football.“I already know deep down that I am one of the best players in history. Of course, I want to win a sixth Ballon d’Or! It would be a lie to say otherwise.“That’s what I work for, just like I work to score goals and win matches without it being an obsession.“The Ballon d’Or, yes, I think I deserve it.”Ronaldo has also managed seven goals and four assists in 10 Serie A games for new club Juventus this season.The winner of the 2018 Ballon d’Or will be named on December 3 at an awards ceremony in Paris.last_img read more

Continue Reading

redevgml

Minister Urges Bahamians to Collect Passports at Anatol Rodgers Gym

By on September 17, 2019

first_img The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Related Items:#magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, July 24, 2017 – Nassau – A Passport Issuance Centre has been set up on the campus of the Anatol Rodgers Junior High School on Faith Avenue off Carmichael Road. During a tour of the facilities on Thursday, July 20, Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Hon. Darren Henfield urged Bahamians to make use of the service.“You might be aware that February 2016 was the International Deadline for all Hand-Written Passports,” said Minister Henfield: “This created a rush at Passport Offices throughout the Commonwealth for all persons still not in possession of the Electronic Passports, since the inception of the Government’s e-passport system December 2007.He said that this ‘urgency’ coupled with the normal last minute summer rush, prompted the birth of the Anatol Rodgers Passport Issuance Project.He said that during the months of July and August 2016, three thousand six hundred and sixty-four e-passports were successfully issued to the Bahamian Populace. He said that this year, a decision was made to provide an alternative site for the collection of passports.“Similarly, during the year 2017, it was discovered that in spite of every effort by Passport Staff to prompt recent e-passport applicants to retrieve their documents from our Thompson Boulevard/University Boulevard Location, over 3,269 e-passports remained at Passport Office awaiting collection by members of the Public,” said the Minister. He said bearing that in mind, the Government decided to once again initiate the Anatol Rodger’s Gymnasium Issuance Centre on 3rd July 2017 for the sole purpose of issuing New E-Passports. Recommended for you Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Continue Reading

etbkxwgg

Assembly Votes To Rename Chambers After Betty J Glick

By on September 14, 2019

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly approved a resolution to rename the assembly chambers as the Betty J. Glick Assembly Chambers. In 1981 Betty was recognized in the “Who’s Who of American Women” for her dedication to her community and to Alaska. She served on the Kenai City Council, and on the Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly from 1982 through 1995 and then again from 2002 through 2005. Assemblymember Dale Bagley: “We will have some signs made up, and on December 4, at about 4:45pm we will have a brief ceremony and hopefully Betty can make it.”  According to the resolution Glick has selflessly served the constituents of the Kenai Peninsula Borough since her arrival to Alaska in 1961.center_img She served as Assembly Vice President and as Assembly President multiple times during her tenure, and on a number of other committees. The Kenai Peninsula Borough Chambers are officially known as the “Betty J. Glick Assembly Chambers.”last_img read more

Continue Reading