The set-up begins

By on May 14, 2020

first_imgIn addition, posters will be placed to inform players of cleaning guidelines and behavior standards to minimize the risk of infection., distributed at the entrance of the changing room and access to the training fields, the toilets and the main passage area.At first Players are scheduled to attend the Ciutat Esportiva from Wednesday, May 6 individually and spacedly to undergo the PCR test. At half-hour intervals, between Wednesday and Thursday, all the players in the squad will be summoned, as well as the coaches and staff members. Apart from the test, the footballers will undergo an individualized interview to learn the details of the confinement as well as the control of body mass index and weight on the scale..To restart the training activity, you will still have to wait a few days, because you first need to know the tests of the test -the laboratories will give the result within 48 hours-, so everything indicates that it would not be until Monday 11 of may when footballers would return to activity on the club’s premises, always individually and under the strictest safety regulations. FC Barcelona has already started to implement the protocol to return to competition. This week the club’s chief medical officer, Ramon Canal, spoke with those responsible for the first team to inform them that On Tuesday May 5 they have to be at the Ciutat Esportiva at 9 am to supervise the disinfection process that will be carried out in all the rooms where the players will perform the tests of the Covid19 in addition to the rest of the furniture of the sports facilities. They have also been required to guarantee the stocks regarding the protective material for athletes, that is, masks, gloves, gowns and all the necessary equipment to carry out the coronavirus tests.The disinfection process will be carried out every 48 hours uninterruptedly until the season ends. It is basically an exhaustive cleaning of all the material that involves manual contact with the surface, such as door handles, knobs, railings, benches, chairs, coat racks and bathrooms, among others.last_img read more

Continue Reading


2000 murder suspect for court today

By on January 12, 2020

first_imgDeonarine Bhikhari, who was arrested 18 years after he allegedly murdered Daniel Singh of Enmore, East Coast Demerara (ECD), is expected to be arraigned today at the Vigilance Magistrate’s Court.Bhikhari was arrested on Sunday last at Logwood, Enmore, ECD, by ranks of C Division (East Coast Demerara) for the heinous crime he allegedly committed in 2000. The Police ranks were reportedly acting on information received by people in the community about his whereabouts.Forty-nine-year-old Daniel Singh, a single father, was living at Hope West, Enmore, ECD with his four children when the incident took place on May 21, 2000.Guyana Times understands that Singh and Bhikhari usually had confrontations, since the suspect and Singh’s daughter, Nalini, had reportedly liked each other but Singh did not approve of this. At the time, the suspect was in his 30s while the young woman was in her late teens. It is, however, unclear what might have triggered Bhikhari’s actions on the day in question.It was reported that Singh was on his front step when he was allegedly attacked by the cutlass wielding suspect, who also killed three of the family’s dogs, injured another, as well as Nalini during the brutal attack.One of Singh’s then young sons had recalled being awakened by his sister’s screams, and upon looking through the window, he saw the attacker firing chops at his father. At the time, the daughter was shouting at the suspect, asking him what he was doing to her father. The man reportedly then turned his attention to her, also inflicting chops to both of her hands. She managed to escape, seeking refuge in a neighbour’s yard.Meanwhile, two of Singh’s young sons were standing in shock watching helplessly as their unconscious father lay bleeding on the ground. Upon noticing that the attacker was charging towards them, the two young boys ran into the bedroom and locked the door.After realising that he was unable to get the door open, the man reportedly left the yard by scaling the back fence and making good his escape, going into hiding for over a decade.Singh’s badly injured body was picked up by neighbours who were awakened by screams and rushed to the hospital where he was admitted and subsequently died a few days later without regaining consciousness.One of Singh’s now adult sons, Deochand, told Guyana Times that he had been trailing the suspect for several months and had even put out a reward for information that can lead to his apprehension.Deochand, a Councillor at the Hope Neighbourhood Democratic Council, claimed that his father’s killer was never apprehended since he had connections with key members of the then Government, who allegedly had facilitated his escape to neighbouring Venezuela. However, he related that the man returned to Guyana a few years ago because of the crisis in that neighbouring country.According to Deochand, after he had seen Bhikhari at a funeral a few months ago, he began to collect information and found out that he was staying at his sister’s house at Logwood. Deochand then contacted his attorney, and they accompanied Police ranks from the Enmore station to make the arrest.Earlier in the week, it was reported that the Police were experiencing difficulties locating the necessary records that were taken at the time when the incident occurred.last_img read more

Continue Reading