There are no fraud claims. None. Trump’s quasi-legal teams have been able to produce no evidence of election-bending fraud, or even of election-inconveniencing fraud. The claims are entirely based on Trump’s unwillingness to face reality, his sycophants’ unwillingness to force him to do so, and the rampaging fascist tendencies of a Republican Party willing to delegitimize American democracy itself rather than accept election losses.It’s not surprising William Barr is willing use the powers of his office to add to that din of propaganda. That’s why Trump hired him. – Advertisement – Sounds ominous, yes? In fact, the actual memo obtained by the AP tells a less dramatic story. Barr tells prosecutors that investigations “may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State.” In other words, Barr is reiterating a power prosecutors already have to investigate, “if” credible allegations were to surface. Since Trump’s collection of dildo-adjacent landscaping fetishists have, time and time again, made allegations about irregularities that they have been completely unable to find evidence of and which they cannot explain to federal judges, resulting in each would-be case getting laughed out of their still Zoom-based courtrooms, the statement is meaningless.What it does mean is that William Barr is willing to put the weight of his crooked office behind Trump’s anti-democratic, autocratic blabberings about supposed vote fraud against him. He’s willing to put out a memo to please Dear Leader, using Dear Leader’s terminology, to create a news cycle in which the Department of Justice is investigating nothing, for no larger apparent purpose than making sure Trump doesn’t fire him for not doing it.- Advertisement –
He said the coronavirus infection had worsened the patient’s immune system, which had further exacerbated her preexisting illnesses. “So the coronavirus was not the main cause [of the patient’s death], but it had worsened her condition.”Read also: Lawmakers call for better coordination to detect COVID-19 as Indonesians test positive abroadAchmad did not disclose the nationality of Case 25, however, he said the embassy of her country had been notified when she tested positive for the virus, and that her body was already in the process of being taken home. He also did not reveal where Case 25 had been hospitalized, but said her husband had been by her side during her treatment.There have so far been 27 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Indonesia.As of Wednesday, Achmad said that two of the patients, Case 6 and Case 14, had tested negative for the virus after receiving treatment and were ready to be discharged. The patients had been ordered to self-isolate at home after being discharged as a precautionary measure, he said.Topics : Indonesia reported its first death from the coronavirus on Wednesday, a 53-year-old COVID-19 patient and foreign citizen identified as Case 25.The Health Ministry’s disease control and prevention director general Achmad Yurianto said Case 25 died at around 2 a.m. on Wednesday after nearly three days of receiving treatment.“The patient was admitted to the hospital in an already severe condition caused by preexisting illnesses including diabetes, hypertension, hyperthyroidism and years-long obstructive lung disease,” Achmad said.
SBC Awards: The key to an effective submission August 28, 2020 Share Submit Related Articles Strategic insight agency Opinium has compiled a report looking at the ‘changing face of the UK punter’ is the first in a new series from the company.The findings were that ‘retention, cross-selling and building brand loyalty are the key challenges facing operators in the UK’.The new paper is titled “Gaming’s not so quiet revolution: the changing face of the UK punter” and it saw Opinium conduct a survey of 1,500 people who gamble at least once a month online.The report made a number of specific findings which’ll be of interest to bookmakers such as the importance of a good introductory bonus or offer. The report found that this ‘was the most important factor for 42% of sportsbook customers when signing up to a new brand’ whilst 25% said best odds was the most important factor.Of those surveyed 33% of those gambling online once a month exclusively play sportsbook, 11% play bingo exclusively and 8% play casino exclusively. Significantly, the gender split between casino only players is closer than many think with 57% male and 43% female users. UK gamblers are more likely to come from the 35-54 age bracket, the Opinium sample showed the figures to be 43% against 29% of the general UK population. Finally, one major takeaway was that casino players are the most proliferate when it comes to brand loyalty, with 49% switching from their most commonly used brand, versus just 27% of bingo players.Steve Looney, Research Director at Opinium, said: “An understanding of the customer is absolutely critical to success in a market as competitive as the UK, and we are proud to publish this insightful report giving the industry a glimpse of exactly what the modern gambler looks like.“This has been an extensive study utilising a robust methodology, and we hope the results inform both operators and suppliers to make better, more customer-centric decisions.”The report includes a foreword from betting and gaming PR and marketing specialists Square in the Air. In the coming months we can expect plenty more insight from Opinium as they publish additional reports taking an in-depth look at the sportsbook, casino and bingo verticals. 6 of the Best: Square in the Air’s Romilly Evans October 17, 2019 StumbleUpon 6 of the Best – Square in the Air’s Robin Hutchison August 9, 2018 Share
Ghana striker Mahatma Otoo has now found his scoring form ahead of the 2014 World Cup as he scored twice for Norwegian side Sogndal Football in their comfortable 3-0 thrashing of Florø in a club friendly at the Sognahallen on Thursday night. The 22-year-old former Ghana Premier League Golden Shoe Award winner shot Sogndal into the lead in the 25th minute with a clinical finishing and scored his second of the game nine minutes later.The former Hearts of Oak striker has lost his place in the Ghana squad for recent games but if his pre-season form is anything to go by, then he will be bracing himself for a recall.”I have now familiarized myself with the playing terrain and from now on will score in any game give the opportunity ahead of the World Cup in Brazil,” he said.Otoo, before today’s brace had scored once in a friendly for Sogndal and further highlighted his fine form by scoring twice in today’s game.Otoo, who scored 20 goals to win the Ghana Premier League top scorer award last season joined Sogndal in August from Hearts of Oak but scored just one league goal for the club.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersGeorge’s representatives had informed the Pacers last week of the Palmdale native’s plans to join the Lakers in the 2018 offseason after opting out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent. There remains a chance George will don the uniform of the team he grew up cheering for next summer.The Lakers resisted spending the first night of free agency splurging on any deals so they could keep two maximum-contract slots open to pursue players such as LeBron James, George and newly minted league MVP Russell Westbrook next summer.On the other hand, the Lakers might be behind in the count. The latest development leaves the Lakers vulnerable that George’s one-year rental could become a long-term commitment.Consider the disparity in talent between the Thunder and Lakers. Though Oklahoma City lost in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs to the Houston Rockets in its first season without Kevin Durant, Westbrook won regular-season MVP honors after averaging 31.6 points, 10.7 rebounds and 10.4 assists while shooting 42.5 percent.The Lakers went 26-66 last season and missed the playoffs for the fourth consecutive year, while fielding an intriguing albeit unproven young roster. Oklahoma City doesn’t boast as talented a roster as Cleveland or Boston – teams that could have become championship contenders had they acquired Paul – but acquiring him in a trade gives the Thunder his “Bird rights” and the ability to offer him a more lucrative contract than any other team next summer. A good experience alongside Westbrook could convince both players to stay put. The Lakers spent four long summers frustrated with their inability to acquire or retain an elite player. Just as the team’s previous front office experienced a few times, Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka swung for the fences and missed … for now.A few hours before the free agency negotiating window opened on Friday night, the Indiana Pacers traded four-time All-Star Paul George to the Oklahoma City Thunder for guard Victor Oladipo and young center Domantas Sabonis.The Lakers were among several teams that held trade talks with the Pacers and offered Indiana its choice of either fourth-year forward Julius Randle or fourth-year guard Jordan Clarkson along with their No. 27 and No. 28 picks in the just completed NBA draft, but the Pacers didn’t accept either offer.The Lakers did not actually strike out in their pursuit of George. To some degree, they find themselves waiting patiently at the plate for better pitches. Pelinka described the Lakers front office as “really relentless” when it came to pursuing trades, but he also said their plans are “built on being smartly aggressive.” Thus, the Lakers refused to offer either their No. 2 draft pick or second-year forward Brandon Ingram as part of any proposed deal for George.Instead, the Lakers used their No. 2 pick on smooth-passing UCLA point guard Lonzo Ball. Though Ingram averaged 9.4 points on only 40.2 percent shooting, the Lakers are encouraged by his growth, positional versatility, defense and aggressiveness and they praise his professional attitude and work ethic.The Lakers go into free agency hopeful to acquire players on one-year deals who match a specific criteria. The Lakers have narrowed their focus to players who can bolster their outside shooting and/or defense, while also mentoring their young roster.The Lakers already have 10 players under contract, and that does not count the deals they will soon sign with their four draft picks: Ball, forward Kyle Kuzma, shooting guard Josh Hart and center Thomas Bryant. That leaves the Lakers with only one spot left to fill on an NBA-maximum 15-player roster.Another position could open depending on what the Lakers do with fourth-year forward Tarik Black. The Lakers have until July 4 to decide if they will make Black’s $6.6 million contract guaranteed for the 2017-18 season. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Do you know of a business that’s still open? Share it below!