Hogan Ephraim has joined Bristol City on loan from QPR for the rest of the season.The 23-year-old completed his move on Thursday afternoon and is expected to make his Robins debut against Middlesbrough this weekend.Ephraim, who had a spell on loan at Charlton earlier in the campaign, has fallen out of favour at Loftus Road and is not in Rangers’ 25-man squad.But he was recently given a new one-year contract and could yet have a future at the club.Related story: Ephraim set for Bristol City loan moveFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
With one episode of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” remaining, the show documenting Raiders training camp is running out of steam. Even the eminently entertaining Jon Gruden’s act is growing repetitive.As impressive as it may be to some, did we really need to see the Raiders coach counting down from 100 by threes in two different segments of Tuesday night’s show?Knock on wood if you’re with me.(Check that, your knuckles are probably bleeding if you’ve knocked as many times as Gruden has prompted his …
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd social media abuse unbelievable – Mataby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Juan Mata has found the abuse he gets on social media as “unbelievable”.Mata and his under-fire team-mates have endured a stuttering start to the season that has seen the pressure pile on manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.Speaking to The Times, he said: “As players, we all have to take responsibility. We are United. There are many people outside waiting for United not to be good and enjoying it when we don’t do well.”We have two options: to stick together or let that criticism and that enjoyment from others at our results affect us in a way that we divide ourselves. One weekend you’re an idol, you score the winner, and three days later you miss a big chance and you’re a villain.“The repercussions of every single action in a game is unbelievable. It can be turned into a video seen by millions instantly on Twitter or Instagram , missing a penalty, making a mistake, and it’s seen as ‘a tragedy’ on many smartphones and in many minds.”
Twitter/@lukezimKansas is not very good at football. That much is true. Many picked the Jayhawks to lose to FCS power South Dakota State, and lose they did. The Jayhawks actually held it close until the end, with a chance to win the game on the final play. That…did not quite work out. In an attempt to spike the ball, quarterback Montell Cozart fumbled the snap, recovered it but was ruled down, and then attempted to spike the ball from the ground. He tried to quickly take another snap and spike, but the clock ran out before the Jayhawks could run a play.We’re sorry, KU fans, but here is the video, via SB Nation’s Luke Zimmermann.Not like this, Kansas pic.twitter.com/W4LQB07AKH— Luke Zimmermann (@lukezim) September 5, 2015Basketball season is closer than you think, Jayhawks.
By Jorge Barrera APTN National News OTTAWA–The Harper government is planning to allow First Nations leaders to study proposed legislation governing on-reserve education before tabling it in the House of Commons, APTN National News has learned.Aboriginal Affairs is expected to release a discussion paper this week on their consultation plans around the proposed First Nations K to 12 education legislation. The paper could be released as early as Tuesday, a source with knowledge of the file said on condition of anonymity.The move by Ottawa to allow First Nations leaders view and provide input on a draft of the legislation could go a long way in attracting buy-in from chiefs who’ve rejected the idea outright.Aboriginal Affairs Minister John Duncan’s office issued an emailed statement to APTN National News saying no details would be provided until the official announcement. The minister’s office did not directly respond to a question on whether chiefs would get a look at the draft of the legislation.“As we’ve stated, we are committed to intensive consultation,” said Duncan’s spokesperson Jan O’Driscoll.Duncan has been meeting directly with First Nations leaders on education since September.Chiefs from treaty nations in Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan have opposed plans for legislation saying education is a treaty right that Ottawa has failed to respect.The chiefs also passed resolutions at a special education gathering earlier this fall and at last week’s special chiefs assembly against the legislation. It was widely believed that Duncan would follow the Harper government’s recent pattern and table the legislation as a done deal.The National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations Shawn Atleo faced criticism from some quarters after he met with Duncan following last week’s chiefs gathering to discuss education. The head of the chief’s committee on education, Nova Scotia regional Chief Morley Googoo, also attended the meeting. The meeting was requested by chiefs on the AFN’s education committee.The chiefs, however, indicated earlier this year they would consider supporting it if they got a good look at the draft before it hit parliament.This past July, during the Assembly of First Nation’s annual gathering in Toronto which re-elected Shawn Atleo, chiefs passed a resolution calling on the government to first get approval from chiefs for the legislation before it tabling it in the House of Commons.The issue has been extremely contentious and chiefs from Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec recently withdrew from participating on a blue-ribbon education panel endorsed by Ottawa and the AFN. The panel’s recommendations were to form part of the basis for the [email protected]
Niall McGinn insists Aberdeen are ready to draw first blood in Lancashire against Burnley and put pressure on them.Aberdeen winger McGinn is determined to put more pressure on Burnley when the two sides meet for the second leg of the UEFA Europa League qualifiers.The Premier League side have the edge after picking up a valuable 1-1 result away at Scotland.Conceding that goal at home means Aberdeen must score at Turf Moor to have any chance of making it into the next qualifying round.McGinn believes he saw enough of his team that could see them go over to Burnley create chances and also score against one of England’s best defence.“We know if can get the first goal at Turf Moor, it puts Burnley under pressure,” McGinn said via Evening Express.Match Preview: Burnley vs Liverpool Boro Tanchev – August 30, 2019 Premier League leaders Liverpool travel to Burnley for the Matchday 4 of the 2019-20 Premier League campaign. “We know it’ll be a tough game over there, but we’re going with confidence and believe that we can cause them some problems.”“We’ve got to be proud of our performance. It’s only still half-time in the tie and there’s a lot to play for.”“We played against experienced internationals, who play every week in the Premier League and we believe we can make it to the next round.”McGinn believes he and his team are in familiar territory when it comes to overturning the odds whilst pointing to their 3-0 victory over Rijeka and 2-1 victory over Groningen in recent seasons.A win of any sorts for Aberdeen at Turf Moor could see them move into the next round where they’ll face Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir.
Philippe Coutinho has hailed Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi as the world’s greatest ever footballer after another incredible display in their 4-2 Champions League win at TottenhamThe Brazilian midfielder scored in the second minute at Wembley to hand Barcelona an early lead before Ivan Rakitic doubled their advantage.However, Spurs mounted a second-half fightback with goals from Harry Kane and Erik Lamela putting the scoreline back level between the sides.But Messi’s masterclass ultimately had a decisive impact by capping things off with a match-winning brace to end Barcelona’s three-game winless run.Rakitic later announced that there is no other player like Messi with the likes of former Barca star Gary Lineker hailing the Argentine forward as the best player in history, which Coutinho also agrees on.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“Messi is the best ever,” said Coutinho, according to Goal.“He always does new things on the field, I’m glad he scored two goals.“All Champions League matches are like that. We have to be at 100 per cent. Today we deserved the victory.”Messi has now taken his goal tally in the Champions League group stages to 64 goals in 65 appearances.
Welsh winger Gareth Bale is risking getting sanctioned by Real Madrid if he risks playing for Wales during the international break despite his injury.There have been several times in which Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale deceives his club when he goes with Wales. The player shouldn’t even have traveled to his country in the first place and all of Spain is currently worried about the injury he is carrying right now.With his latest decision to travel, Gareth Bale has left clear that he cares very little about the club that pays him and the board of directors is getting really tired of his antics.The fact that he keeps putting his country before Real Madrid might push the club to sell him during the winter, because they think that this attitude is telling them that he simply doesn’t want to be a Real Madrid player anymore.Manager Ryan Giggs had to come out and confirm that Gareth Bale is going to miss this Thursday’s friendly match against Spain, but the player has all the intention of playing the very next match against the Republic of Ireland despite the club already warned him not to do it.But the doctors from Wales seem to listen more to Gareth than they do to the club that pays his bills, they apparently have given him hopes that he can make it in time to play against the Irish when he clearly can’t.BREAKING: Gareth Bale has been ruled out of Wales vs. Spain pic.twitter.com/jYkY30C8ZR— B/R Football (@brfootball) October 10, 2018Apart from the confirmation that he won’t play against Spain 100%, Wales manager Ryan Giggs also gave some detailed information about the procedures they made on the player’s fatigues areas and came up with the following analysis.“We rescanned it and have done everything we can to get as much information. He feels good, but we have to weigh up the risk whether he can be part of the game on Tuesday,” said Giggs via Four Four Two. “There was a little bit on both scans – but there’s always something. We’re treating the symptoms, but it’s nothing to worry about. Either way, I expect him to be fit for Madrid’s next game.”“I don’t think I was ever 100 percent [fit] when playing. When you have niggling injuries, it’s maybe at the back of your mind until you’re flying again, but I’m not worried and Gareth isn’t worried.”Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“It’s something of nothing, but it’s a short turnaround and we’ll take no chances. But if he’s available, he’s available.”“The medical team are constantly in dialogue with Madrid like they are with every team. “Playing in Spain, he wants to be a part of it [the friendly], but first and foremost health comes first – we want a fit and raring-to-go Gareth Bale,” he concluded.What Florentino and the board really feelsThe main problem with Gareth Bale is not only the fact that he is clearly prone to get injured regularly, the Real Madrid board is also very concerned with him because they feel like the player never really got to adapt to the culture in Spain and it seems that he always itches to go to Wales every time he gets.There is a large portion of the press from Madrid who has had enough of Gareth Bale’s constant rejection of the club and even the language.They believe that selling the player right now is the best possible way to finish the player’s career at Real Madrid, he has already given at least two European Cups to the club and they feel like he already paid his worth at least two times over.Most of the people in Madrid think that the Welshman’s time in the club is over, they don’t think he has a hope of stepping up to replace Cristiano Ronaldo and selling him now that he is still not even 30 years old would be in the best interest of everybody.Any of the major clubs in Europe would pay a lot of cash for having Gareth Bale in their ranks, the time is now and Real Madrid can’t waste another minute.BALE v BUSQUETSRAMSEY v RAMOSAMPADU v ASENSIO🎟 https://t.co/wLFSLDHxjG#WALESP #TogetherStronger pic.twitter.com/io19Bk3wwo— FA WALES (@FAWales) October 5, 2018Which club do you think would pay the most for Gareth Bale? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Cristiano Ronaldo has his eyes firmly set on a third straight Ballon d’Or award this year for a record sixth timeThe Juventus forward is one of 30 players shortlisted for this year’s award along with the likes of fellow five-time winner Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann.However, unlike in previous years, neither Ronaldo or Messi are quite as heavily fancied for the Ballon d’Or as they have come accustomed to over the past decade.Instead, it’s Real Madrid and Croatia playmaker Luka Modric who is considered the favourite after winning the FIFA and UEFA Player of the Year prizes.But, on the back of scoring 44 goals in all competitions for Real last season and inspiring them to a third straight Champions League crown, Ronaldo believes he deserves the Ballon d’Or.Although the Portuguese is not desperate either given that he is already one of the greatest players in history.Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“I’ve said it plenty of times, winning a sixth Ballon d’Or is not an obsession and I wouldn’t phrase the question like that,” Ronaldo told France Football.“I already know deep down that I am one of the best players in history. Of course, I want to win a sixth Ballon d’Or! It would be a lie to say otherwise.“That’s what I work for, just like I work to score goals and win matches without it being an obsession.“The Ballon d’Or, yes, I think I deserve it.”Ronaldo has also managed seven goals and four assists in 10 Serie A games for new club Juventus this season.The winner of the 2018 Ballon d’Or will be named on December 3 at an awards ceremony in Paris.