News March 6, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Call for end to unofficial ban on foreign journalists Related documents Letter to Belarus Foreign ministerPDF – 188.73 KB Receive email alerts June 2, 2021 Find out more “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says Help by sharing this information Organisation May 27, 2021 Find out more RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” Follow the news on Belarus News BelarusEurope – Central Asia RSF_en Reporters Without Borders today urged Belarus to end its systematic refusal to give permission to foreign journalists to work in the country, saying they were the target of “ridiculous bureaucratic and political behaviour.” A new media law that came into force on 8 February requires all foreign journalists to get accreditation from the foreign ministry before coming to Belarus, but requests have been systematically refused, “forcing journalists to work illegally,” the worldwide press freedom organisation said. It formally protested to foreign minister Sergei Martynov.Ivan Roman, of the privately-owned Polish-Dutch station Radio Racyja, was refused accreditation on 4 March on grounds that he had previously worked illegally in the country. The day before, officials refused to renew the accreditation of Andrei Pochobut, of the independent Polish daily Gazeta Wyborcza, because they said his recent articles about the country’s politics were unsatisfactory. Two Radio Racyja journalists were also refused accreditation for the same reason in January, even though the new law had not yet come into force. to go further Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown BelarusEurope – Central Asia News News An accreditation request made last December by the privately-owned TV station Belsat, which broadcasts in Belarusian from Poland, was refused on 2 March by the foreign ministry as “incomplete.” Radio Racyja and Belsat are two of the few sources of independent news in Belarus, which ranks 154th on the Reporters Without Borders annual world press freedom index. Read the RSF open letter to Foreign Minister Sergei Martynov : May 28, 2021 Find out more
Due to terrible weather conditions in New Orleans, Jazz Fest has been cancelled and evacuated for the day. With severe thunderstorms and flood warnings, this comes as severely unfortunate news for festival-goers who were planning to see iconic performances from Stevie Wonder, Beck, Snoop Dogg, Buddy Guy, and more headlining acts from the last Saturday of the two-weekend event.Fortunately, the late night festivities will resume as scheduled and hopefully, just maybe, some of the musicians who’s shows were cancelled will show up to deliver their missed performances. As of now, everything will continue as scheduled at the fairgrounds tomorrow afternoon. We are told to stay updated through the festival’s Facebook and Twitter. Stay dry, New Orleans!Here’s one way to make a day out of it… *UPDATE* Stevie Wonder bids farewell to festival-goers with a “Purple Rain” tribute to Prince on a megaphone on the Acura Stage:
The North Decatur Varsity won in 4 games over Eastern Hancock. 17-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-19.ND JV won in 3 games over Eastern Hancock. 25-17, 13-25, 15-10Varsity Record is now 10-10.Play Hauser tonight at NDHS.Courtesy of Chargers Coach Mark Burry.
A viral clip shows a Florida man fighting his way into Walmart after he was denied entry for not wearing a face mask.The clip, taken outside an Orlando location, shows an older white man tussling with a store employee on Saturday when masks became mandatory in the county. The man tries to push through the worker blocking the door, while the worker repeatedly tells him he must put on a face mask. At one point, the man is seen scrambling inside and down an aisle before onlookers convince the man to leave. The footage has been viewed more than four-million times online.
Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Related Posts The Windows Phone 7 news kind of threw us a bit this week. It had almost no mention about how it would serve the enterprise. It almost seemed like Microsoft had given up.Now we are starting to see some reports about how Windows Phone 7 would fit for the mobile enterprise. And it makes us wonder. Will the Windows Phone 7 better serve the enterprise than the iPhone?The Blackberry is the leader in the market. For our purposes, we are looking at how the challengers compare to each other. Android may become the biggest rival to the Blackberry with its tight integration into Google’s enterprise suite and the ability to use multiple applications at the same time.I’s the iPhone that looks a bit vulnerable. Without a doubt, the iPhone is showing success in the enterprise. Apple had a robust earnings report for the fourth quarter thanks in good part to sales of the iPhone to people who use it for work.But here’s the catch. We really have not seen any bona fide use of mobile collaboration tools as of yet across any device. People are using smartphones to check messages and use applications. The applications they do use are services like Twitter. When mobile collaboration does find its place in the market, it’s not going to be a one application world. It will require the ability to mashup data, pulling information from multiple sources. Our daily work requires us to use multiple applications simultaneously. That’s not possible with the iPhone. And it will not be possible with the iPad. This issue will become even more pronounced as more enterprise applications enter the mobile market.In comparison, Windows Phone 7 is an information centric device. Information is stored in hubs and you can view the different hubs as a panorama on the device screen. That makes it potentially better than the iPhone or the Nexus One, which do not have that capability. People want to see the information without having to go from application to application. A panorama is more akin to the experience we get on a device like a laptop. That’s far more suitable for the enterprise.Gizmodo:“Out of the box, this information is organized into areas called hubs, which follow the user’s areas of interest. Accessible through live tiles in the home screen, the Me (the user), people, pictures and video, music, and games–plus the omnipresent search–hubs give views into several data sources, connecting and presenting them into an interweaved panoramic stream. These hubs dig heavily into many databases, both locally and into the cloud.”Ironically, Microsoft often get labeled as a company that creates silo environments. From our view, the mobile applications of today have a certain silo effect. Windows Phone 7 and its hub structure means that it can draw from deep databases from on-premise and the cloud. That to us seems like a powerful combination that is well suited to an enterprise world. alex williams Tags:#Analysis#enterprise#NYT IT + Project Management: A Love Affair
With competitions running from early childhood all the way through to masters, winter is the perfect time to play Rugby League. Playing Rugby League is the perfect complement to a summer of Touch Football action, helping to keep fitness and skills high throughout the year. Competitions are run throughout all areas of Australia and registering your interest with a local club is a simple three step process. As an added incentive all registered Junior League, officials and volunteers will automatically become a member of the PLAY NRL Rewards Program. This program entitles members to a host of benefits, including one free ticket to a game every round of the NRL Premiership season. For more information and to find your nearest club please visit www.playnrl.com. Related Filesposter-pngRelated LinksPlay Rugby League
VANCOUVER – Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee has a message of reassurance for Canadians who may fear that legalization of recreational marijuana next week will come with a wave of negative consequences: It’s not as bad as you think.Washington and Colorado became the first U.S. states to broadly legalize recreational marijuana in 2012 and Inslee says few of the concerns expressed at the time became a reality.“The decriminalization of marijuana by all ways of judging it, I believe, largely has been a success in the sense that the fears of those who were not supportive of our efforts really have not been realized,” Inslee told reporters at the Cascadia Innovation Corridor Conference in Vancouver on Wednesday.“We’ve not had crime associated with it, we’ve not had adverse health effects, there is not evidence of significant increase in youth usage.”However, there is still a need for more research on traffic related issues and the state has struggled with impaired driving, he said.While Washington has not documented any increase in traffic accidents tied to an increase in marijuana consumption, Inslee said it has seen a rise in chemicals in drivers’ blood streams including alcohol, amphetamines and barbiturates.“That has happened, but we haven’t seen it necessarily tied to marijuana,” he said.Recreational marijuana will be legalized across Canada on Oct. 17.Inslee recommended that the various levels of government have strong regulatory frameworks in place, including packaging rules that ensure consumers know exactly what they’re getting — especially when edibles become legal in the future.He said Washington benefited by issuing only as many production and retail licences as it could handle, compared with other states that issued unlimited licences and created a “Wild West” environment.British Columbia Premier John Horgan said his government has taken cues from Washington state including limiting the number of licensed outlets but said transitioning to legalization is a “challenge.”A number of existing dispensaries will have to go through the process of being licensed again, he said.“Many are very well on their way to becoming recertified or re-established but that’s going to take some time and I think I would appeal to the public for patience and also to the providers for patience,” Horgan said.Horgan said law enforcement is focused on how to best manage impaired driving and he’s hopeful that governments will have more answers for the public soon.“That’s been an issue right across the country. When I talk to other premiers, that’s the highest priority.”
Ohio State’s Luke Pletcher wrestles Paul Glynn in the dual-meet against Iowa on Jan. 21 in the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo EditorA week after a devastating 19-18 loss to No. 1 Penn State, the No. 2 Ohio State men’s wrestling team (12-1, 7-1 Big Ten) will have an opportunity to rebound from the defeat against rival No. 4 Michigan (9-2, 6-1 Big Ten) in a road dual meet at 6 p.m. Sunday.Ohio State lost by one point to the Nittany Lions after taking a 15-5 lead entering intermission, which still looms over the team.“I wanted everyone to hurt, but not that much. I wanted them to hurt because I know you grow from it. But at the same point you don’t want them moping around,” Ohio State head coach Tom Ryan said. “Last week, there was a lot of pain around this facility.”There are four potential rematches between Ohio State and Michigan wrestlers that first took place at December’s Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational that could take place Sunday. Ohio State No. 2 Luke Pletcher won by decision against Stevan Micic 7-5, who is now ranked No. 6 at 133 pounds.Buckeye wrestlers No. 3 Bo Jordan and No. 2 Myles Martin also earned decision victories against Wolverines in Las Vegas. Jordan beat No. 6 Myles Amine 6-4 at 174 pounds and Martin defeated No. 5 Domenic Abounader. No. 5 157-pounder Micah Jordan will have a chance to redeem a 10-3 loss at the meet to Michigan No. 7 Alec Pantaleo.“I watched my match a few times, it was pretty tight going into the third period, I think it was a 3-2 match,” Micah Jordan said. “I just got caught in a suck-back and lost some back points, so I definitely be leary of that position, and also excited to wrestle him again.”Micah Jordan is coming off of a 24-9 technical fall win against Penn State’s Bo Pipher. This weekend he hopes to avenge that early-season loss to Pantaleo.Ohio State’s Joey McKenna rose four spots to No. 7 in the latest rankings after beating Penn State’s Nick Lee last week at 141 pounds. McKenna will face Michigan’s only unranked wrestler, which might be Ohio State’s best opportunity to earn additional points with a technical fall or pin.“I believed in myself, believed I could win. Maybe other people didn’t on paper,” McKenna said about his victory against Lee. “Shushing some of the haters, that’s always fun.”Ohio State’s Kollin Moore remains ranked first at 197 pounds despite suffering a surprise loss to unranked Nittany Lion Anthony Cassar, which was the turning point in Penn State’s comeback victory. “He didn’t have the best week of practice,” Ryan said on Moore’s loss to Cassar. “He just didn’t compete the way [he’s] capable of.”Moore will face No. 13 Kevin Beazley for a shot at redemption from the previous week.Not many people give Ohio State top-ranked heavyweight Kyle Snyder trouble on the mat, but he will have his hands full with No. 2 Adam Coon on Saturday. Coon, listed at 6-foot-6, 285 pounds, towers over the 5-foot-11 Snyder and has not lost yet this season.Ohio State must quickly knock off the disappointment of losing to Penn State, with nine of 10 matches being against ranked wrestlers.
Welsh winger Gareth Bale is risking getting sanctioned by Real Madrid if he risks playing for Wales during the international break despite his injury.There have been several times in which Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale deceives his club when he goes with Wales. The player shouldn’t even have traveled to his country in the first place and all of Spain is currently worried about the injury he is carrying right now.With his latest decision to travel, Gareth Bale has left clear that he cares very little about the club that pays him and the board of directors is getting really tired of his antics.The fact that he keeps putting his country before Real Madrid might push the club to sell him during the winter, because they think that this attitude is telling them that he simply doesn’t want to be a Real Madrid player anymore.Manager Ryan Giggs had to come out and confirm that Gareth Bale is going to miss this Thursday’s friendly match against Spain, but the player has all the intention of playing the very next match against the Republic of Ireland despite the club already warned him not to do it.But the doctors from Wales seem to listen more to Gareth than they do to the club that pays his bills, they apparently have given him hopes that he can make it in time to play against the Irish when he clearly can’t.BREAKING: Gareth Bale has been ruled out of Wales vs. Spain pic.twitter.com/jYkY30C8ZR— B/R Football (@brfootball) October 10, 2018Apart from the confirmation that he won’t play against Spain 100%, Wales manager Ryan Giggs also gave some detailed information about the procedures they made on the player’s fatigues areas and came up with the following analysis.“We rescanned it and have done everything we can to get as much information. He feels good, but we have to weigh up the risk whether he can be part of the game on Tuesday,” said Giggs via Four Four Two. “There was a little bit on both scans – but there’s always something. We’re treating the symptoms, but it’s nothing to worry about. Either way, I expect him to be fit for Madrid’s next game.”“I don’t think I was ever 100 percent [fit] when playing. When you have niggling injuries, it’s maybe at the back of your mind until you’re flying again, but I’m not worried and Gareth isn’t worried.”Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“It’s something of nothing, but it’s a short turnaround and we’ll take no chances. But if he’s available, he’s available.”“The medical team are constantly in dialogue with Madrid like they are with every team. “Playing in Spain, he wants to be a part of it [the friendly], but first and foremost health comes first – we want a fit and raring-to-go Gareth Bale,” he concluded.What Florentino and the board really feelsThe main problem with Gareth Bale is not only the fact that he is clearly prone to get injured regularly, the Real Madrid board is also very concerned with him because they feel like the player never really got to adapt to the culture in Spain and it seems that he always itches to go to Wales every time he gets.There is a large portion of the press from Madrid who has had enough of Gareth Bale’s constant rejection of the club and even the language.They believe that selling the player right now is the best possible way to finish the player’s career at Real Madrid, he has already given at least two European Cups to the club and they feel like he already paid his worth at least two times over.Most of the people in Madrid think that the Welshman’s time in the club is over, they don’t think he has a hope of stepping up to replace Cristiano Ronaldo and selling him now that he is still not even 30 years old would be in the best interest of everybody.Any of the major clubs in Europe would pay a lot of cash for having Gareth Bale in their ranks, the time is now and Real Madrid can’t waste another minute.BALE v BUSQUETSRAMSEY v RAMOSAMPADU v ASENSIO🎟 https://t.co/wLFSLDHxjG#WALESP #TogetherStronger pic.twitter.com/io19Bk3wwo— FA WALES (@FAWales) October 5, 2018Which club do you think would pay the most for Gareth Bale? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Related Items:#magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, July 24, 2017 – Nassau – A Passport Issuance Centre has been set up on the campus of the Anatol Rodgers Junior High School on Faith Avenue off Carmichael Road. During a tour of the facilities on Thursday, July 20, Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Hon. Darren Henfield urged Bahamians to make use of the service.“You might be aware that February 2016 was the International Deadline for all Hand-Written Passports,” said Minister Henfield: “This created a rush at Passport Offices throughout the Commonwealth for all persons still not in possession of the Electronic Passports, since the inception of the Government’s e-passport system December 2007.He said that this ‘urgency’ coupled with the normal last minute summer rush, prompted the birth of the Anatol Rodgers Passport Issuance Project.He said that during the months of July and August 2016, three thousand six hundred and sixty-four e-passports were successfully issued to the Bahamian Populace. He said that this year, a decision was made to provide an alternative site for the collection of passports.“Similarly, during the year 2017, it was discovered that in spite of every effort by Passport Staff to prompt recent e-passport applicants to retrieve their documents from our Thompson Boulevard/University Boulevard Location, over 3,269 e-passports remained at Passport Office awaiting collection by members of the Public,” said the Minister. He said bearing that in mind, the Government decided to once again initiate the Anatol Rodger’s Gymnasium Issuance Centre on 3rd July 2017 for the sole purpose of issuing New E-Passports. Recommended for you Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp