bshkcmcp

Oregon QB Justin Herbert Reportedly Met With Top Grad Transfer WR

By on October 26, 2019

first_imgJustin Herbert of the Oregon Ducks attempts a pass.EUGENE, OR – SEPTEMBER 22: Quarterback Justin Herbert #10 of the Oregon Ducks passes the ball during the third quarter of the game against the Stanford Cardinal at Autzen Stadium on September 22, 2018 in E (Photo by Steve Dykes/Getty Images)After turning down a chance to leave Oregon early and enter the NFL draft, it appears that Ducks quarterback Justin Herbert wants to gear the team up for a run at the Pac-12 title next year.According to ScoopDuck reporter Max Torres, Herbert has reportedly had a dinner with Penn State grad transfer wide receiver Juwan Johnson, presumably in an effort to recruit him to Oregon.Johnson was second in receiving yards at Penn State in 2017, and third on the team in 2018.He has 81 receptions for 1,123 yards and two touchdowns with a 13.9 yards per catch average over the past three seasons.Last year’s leading wide receiver for Oregon was Dillon Mitchell, who opted to leave school early to enter the NFL draft, leaving a spot wide open for Herbert to find his next go-to guy.According to an inside source Oregon QB Justin Herbert sat down for dinner with Penn State grad transfer WR Juwan Johnson on his official visit this weekend. Ducks pulling out all the stops to help bolster young receiving core. #GoDucks #Transfer #NSD2019 pic.twitter.com/gyXsS3OWwN— Max Torres (@mtorressports) February 3, 2019The effort to recruit Johnson comes as Herbert prepares for his final season at Oregon.Initially projected as the first quarterback to come off the board for the 2019 NFL Draft, Herbert ultimately decided to stay at Oregon and try to improve upon last year’s season.The junior quarterback led the Ducks to a 9-4 record and a win over Michigan State in the Redbox Bowl this past year.He finished the season with career highs in completions, attempts, yards, and touchdowns.last_img read more

Continue Reading

vozlqydz

Labor Department proposal would make millions more eligible for overtime

By on October 3, 2019

Labor Department proposal would make millions more eligible for overtime WASHINGTON – The Obama administration will propose requiring overtime pay for workers who earn nearly $1,000 per week, three individuals familiar with the plan said Monday, more than doubling the current threshold and extending overtime protection to about 5 million workers.Currently, salaried employees who are paid more than $455 a week — or $23,660 a year — can be exempted from overtime pay if their employer deems them to be “managers,” even if they have little in the way of supervisory duties. The Labor Department’s long-awaited proposal will raise the threshold to $970 a week — $50,440 a year — by 2016.To keep up with future inflation and wage growth, the proposal will peg the salary threshold at the 40th percentile of income, said the individuals, who requested anonymity to discuss the proposal ahead of the official announcement.President Barack Obama was to announce the proposal Tuesday morning in an op-ed in The Huffington Post, said one of the individuals. The White House declined to comment.The Labor Department’s estimates suggest the proposal would raise wages for 5 million people, but other estimates are far higher. The Economic Policy Institute, a liberal think-tank , recently estimated that a threshold of $984 a week would cover 15 million people.“This is by definition middle-class people. This reverses decades of neglect,” said EPI President Larry Mishel, adding that the proposal would also likely create jobs for hourly workers.___Associated Press writer Jim Kuhnhenn contributed to this report. by Christopher S. Rugaber And Josh Lederman, The Associated Press Posted Jun 29, 2015 6:49 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email read more

Continue Reading